As you remember, whatsapp plus is a program that you cannot download directly through the Google Play Store of Android, but from external sites because it is an APK, also, you have to install and update it manually, that is the only difference with respect to the applications. On this occasion, from Depor we will teach you a simple trick to download WhatsApp Plus without risk of infecting your cell phone with some type of “Malware” or “Jocker” virus, which could steal the information you store on the phone.
WhatsApp Plus could be defined as an instant messaging platform similar to WhatsApp Messenger, even the company Meta has indicated that it is a service “not official”. At first glance they are identical, they share the same logo, main interface and colors, however, the Plus version offers you additional functions that the stable application itself has not yet developed, such as: the possibility of hiding the word “Writing… .” when you reply to a message; link more than one account on the same device; check who has blocked you, etc.
LOOK: How to know if you have the latest version of WhatsApp Plus?
So you can download WhatsApp Plus V.17.20 without viruses
There are two versions of whatsapp plus, the one developed by “AlexMods” and the one by “Yessimods”. As we said before, they are not in the Google Play Store, but in third-party web pages, for this reason, many users have fallen victim to cybercriminals, since most make them believe that they are downloading and installing the APK, but in reality they are running a dangerous virus that is capable of stealing your personal or financial information. Next, we will provide you with the direct download links that we obtained from the official pages of the main developers:
Official versions of the updated WhatsApp Plus APK
- WhatsApp Plus AlexMods V17.20: link
- WhatsApp Plus Yessimods V22.20: link
The complete guide to install WhatsApp Plus
First keep the content of your conversations and stickers
- you probably have whatsapp messengerthe official Meta app, so to keep all your stickers, create a chat with yourself.
- To do so, open the application and click on the contact icon located in the lower right corner of the main interface (IP).
- Now, a list with all your contacts will be displayed, click on the first one, it is your personal chat, it is located under the “New Community” option.
- Send all your stickers that you have highlighted as favorites.
- The next step is to go back to the WhatsApp IP and touch the icon of the three points (top right) > “Settings” > “Chats” > “Backup”.
- This part is very important, since you must create a backup locally. Scroll down and tap on “Save to Google Drive” > select “Never”.
- Now, hit the green button that says “Save” to create a backup. Wait for the process and in “Local” the exact time you carried out the process should appear and in Google Drive it will have to say “Never”.
- Remember to skip the steps if you have never registered on WhatsApp.
Find your backup folder
- Open file manager > internal storage > tap on the “Android” folder.
- Then, click on “media” > “com.whatsapp”, normally the copy is saved here.
- Tap the folder and rename it to any name, but without deleting “com.whatsapp”it can be like this: “com.whatsapp plus”, without the quotes of course.
- This way the folder will not be deleted when you uninstall WhatsApp Messenger.
- Proceed to uninstall WhatsApp through the Google Play Store (very important).
Finally, install WhatsApp Plus January 2023
- After downloading the APK file through the links we left above, tap on it and hit “Install”.
- When it has been installed, enter the APK and grant it the necessary permissions so that it can operate without problems.
- Select the language “Spanish”. Minimize the APK and go to the place where you renamed the folder.
- You will see that another folder called “com.whatsapp” was created, delete it.
- Then, rename the folder “com.whatsapp plus”, but only delete the word “Plus”, so that it will remain as “com.whatsapp” at the beginning.
- Enter WhatsApp Plus and click on “Add and continue”. Register your phone number, verify it with the authentication code.
- They will automatically detect your backup, click “Continue” > grant permissions if they appear > you will reach a point that says “Backup detected”.
- Finally, click on “Restore” and you will have installed and preserved all your data.
What can be done with WhatsApp Plus?
This application is a modified version of the original WhatsApp and was developed in 2012 by the Spanish programmer Rafalense. The app was developed mainly to have greater customization of the program and many other improvements that you will learn about below.
Like the original, WhatsApp Plus allows users to chat, send photos, emojis, videos, documents and files, but it also has features not found in the official version such as changing the color of the chats and the interface.
Another advantage is that you can use two accounts at the same time in WhatsApp Plus, something that cannot be done in the original app. In addition, you can customize your account by adding more privacy by choosing which contacts you don’t want to see you online and even changing the time of your “last connection”.