WhatsApp It is considered one of the most popular messaging apps currently, since it allows you to communicate with other people through various ways such as messages, audio calls, and video calls, in just seconds, making it a fairly profitable option.
Likewise, another of the attributes of this app is that you have the option of making some adjustments to keep your privacy intact, such as removing read receipts that are represented as blue checks that appear after someone reads your messages and vice versa.
In that sense, if you want to prevent your contacts from knowing that you read their WhatsApp messages, don’t worry, in SPORTS We explain a simple trick that you can carry out from your iPhone. Pay attention to the directions.
LOOK: WhatsApp: so you can download states from your iPhone without using apps
How to read a WhatsApp message without them knowing
If you want to prevent your contacts from finding out that you have read a WhatsApp message, we will tell you a series of steps that you must follow if you have an iPhone.
- The first thing you should do is open the WhatsApp app from your iPhone.
- After this, go to the Settings within the application.
- Among the available options, select Account.
- Next, you must touch Privacy.
- Then, scroll down to the bottom of the screen.
- There you will see the Read Confirmation button.
- Disable this confirmation by tapping on the green switch.
- Finally, you will have eliminated the double blue check and now it will appear only in gray.
In this way, none of your contacts will be able to know that you read their messages; however, in group chats this information will appear, so you should take your precautions.
What does the letter “i” mean in WhatsApp messages?
- If your friend has activated temporary messages that disappear in 24 hours, the letter “i” may tell you that said text will self-destruct in a certain period of time.
- So that it does not take you by surprise, WhatsApp has decided to notify you so that you are warned. You can also deactivate temporary messages whenever you want or change the disappearance time.
- The letter “i” is also shown in case you have activated temporary messages in WhatsApp, but your friend will not have it since he uses an old version of the app.
- For this, it is necessary to tell him to update WhatsApp on his Android or iPhone device so that they both use the same function.
- Remember that you can update WhatsApp from the same Google Play store or iOS Store, as the case may be.
How to leave a WhatsApp group on iPhone
If you got bored of belonging to a WhatsApp group or you are simply overwhelmed by the large number of messages you receive every day, don’t worry, we will teach you how to get out of that chat without leaving a trace.
- From your iPhone, open the WhatsApp app.
- After this, click on the subject of the group.
- Another option is to slide the group to the left in the Chats section.