Do you have an Android or iPhone? You must have seen the letters 5G, 4G, 3G, H, H+, G and E on the screen of your smartphone. Although they are very important, only a few people know what they mean. Here we tell you.
Currently, all smartphones, whether Android or iphonehave in the top of screen several very important icons. You will not only find the battery icon, you will also find the letters 5G, 4G, 3G, H, H+, G and Ewhich are usually located next to the bars of coverage. Although these symbols are very relevant, the majority of users who have purchased a smartphone You don’t know what they mean and why they change from time to time. Would you like to know? Here we are going to reveal you.
According to information revealed by the specialized site Xataka, the letters 5G, 4G, 3G, H, H+, G and E They are shown on the screen of our cell phone when we activate mobile data because they are indicative of the quality/speed of the internet that we have at that moment in our device.
In this sense, the letter that will appear on our smartphone will depend on whether we are in an area with excellent coverage or if we are in a place where there is no signal. for some users This can be a bit confusing, so it is necessary to explain the meaning of each of them.
What do the letters E, H+, 3G, 4G and 5G mean on your cell phone?
- G: At present, this type of network is almost non-existent, since it was used by cell phones 15 years ago. It is second generation, does not allow internet connection and works only to send SMS and MMS.
- AND: The download speed of the Edge connection, also known as 2G, is around 384 kbps. It is so bad that it is insufficient to surf the internet. It can only be used to send WhatsApp messages.
- 3G: At the time, this type of connection was useful for users to make video calls, but today it is very slow for services like Netflix. It has a download speed of only 8 Mbps and an upload speed of 2 Mbps.
- H: HSDPA connection is a network that offers a download speed close to 7.2 Mbps.
- H+: stands for HSDPA Plus and offered a fairly fast connection before the advent of 4G. It offers a download speed of 21 Mbps. If it appears on your mobile, it means that your mobile has problems connecting to the 4G network.
- 4G: This type of network offers speeds of up to 150 Mbps and is faster than many broadband connections, so you can use any application without problems.
- 4G+: This is an intermediate connection between 4G and 5G, which means that it is a fairly high internet speed.
- 5G: It is the type of network with the highest speed, since it can reach up to 1 Gbps in downloads and 30 Mbps in upload. In Peru, there are few mobile phones that have this type of connection, since the network 5G It still does not have a massive deployment in our country.
These letters are present in all phones, be it Android or iPhone. Photo: composition Xataka/Genbeta
How do I disable my smartphone’s microphone so Google doesn’t spy on me?
Millions of people around the world have a smartphone Android, but of these, there are many who have suspicions about Google, due to the theories that the company can spy on conversations through the microphone of their equipment, especially when they send the audio to their servers. How to make sure that does not happen to you? Disabling the same with this trick.
In case you didn’t know, Android is the operating system created by Google, which the vast majority of manufacturers of smartphone uses. This software provides all kinds of tools and one of them is Google Assistantwhich allows you to perform various functions on your phone using voice recognition and a microphone, and is often active on your computer.
Can you use your smartphone while the battery is charging? Know the answer here
Read and learn. A large number of people are afraid to use their smartphone when the battery is charging, as he fears that the phone explode or suffer an electric shock. This is because many rumors about this practice have been circulating on social networks, some even claim that it decreases battery life. What is true in these myths? Here we will tell you all the details.
As detailed by the BBC, there are many stories of people who have lost their lives electrocuted and who now serve as an example. One of them is ma ailuna young Chinese national who died after answering a call while her cell phone was charging.